Thursday, November 27, 2014

UG talent Show "ECHO" experience

It was the day when I performed a song with a guitar on the UG talent show held at IISc. I also played keyboard and guitars with other songs. But the mentionable happening is the following one.
I was to play a song "Tighten Up" by a Band called the "Black Keys", I rehearsed with the electric guitar to play with it. While getting on the stage, I wanted to give a homage to the singer, who, in the music video, wears a sunglasses. So, I took a sunglasses and a hat from a friend who wore it for a drama to be coming after the song. I wore it, and everyone started cheering, the moment I got on the stage. It was really a nice experience.
But then, I found a string of the electric guitar torn, but still I picked it up, I thought I could play it, but just after I started playing the intro of the song, I found out that the tuning was gone too. I stopped midway, and everyone started clapping in a joking mood. Well, I gave the guitar to the owner, Kushal bhaiya, who is my senior, who said it couldnt be tuned now. Hence, I told the audience a joke, and said about "how shit happens", and then, since the show should go on, I took my acoustic guitar, and started playing the song with others. At the end, everyone cheered and clapped, as usual. Then I took up my guitar and asked the audience to cheer for the guitar once more as "it saved my ass" on the stage!
Later I asked some of my friends how my performance was. They said it was very good, but the way I managed the situation without fumbling, was even better.
Ultimately, at the end of the day, of course, I felt good.
And below are some of my photos taken. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a video of my performance till now.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

HORIZON II: Forbidden West

   

Original Radio

Classical Radio

BAD PRODUCTION HOUSE

BAD PRODUCTION HOUSE
The new Endeavour