Friday, June 7, 2013

One day I suddenly recalled that I am to buy a book for tomorrow’s class, so I went to my mother and asked her whether I could go or not. As expected, she started saying and scolding me by saying that I couldn’t remember anything related to studies, all I do is just to play games, think about movies, ............................(blah blah blah!)
I went to the book store which at a walkable, yet little far away house. Its the biggest book store in our locality, so a long queue is what you would expect if you are not a fool. I reached there at 8:30 pm and it almost took 30 minutes or so that the queue in front of me shortened. Still there was only a person keeping me away from the book counter, when suddenly a man out of nowhere came in front of all of us, and started talking to the cashier
“Hey, you forgot to pay me the 50 rupees note,”
“I bet I gave that to you sir!”
“NONSENSE! How could you speak to a customer like that?”, he started yelling.
Hearing this, the owner of the shop came rushing and started scolding the cashier cum stallkeeper, and almost everyone present started to search for his 50 rupees note, when suddenly, the person, I don’t know why, while taking out the wallet, came and fell on the floor which the others were trying to find in some odd places, and some even went to the streets! The cursed 50 rupees note.
Taking up the note, the unknown well known now customer, about his character of course, sheepishly replied “I am sorry, but you should have still reminded me about the money the moment you gave me.” Saying this, he hastily went off, ass the second clause that he added next to his first made all the other customer to give him an angry look. I was only a silent observer.
The shopkeeper and the cashier both stood dumbstruck, staring at the door through which he went out, and I stared at the clock. Exactly after 4 seconds, the cashier started resuming his work, and the shopkeeper occupied his seat.
My turn for ordering came soon, and all the other went up to the second queue, due to the horror of losing notes I presume. Its closing time and we were the last customers, and me the last and only of this queue.
I went up to the cashier and started a chat, saying “such a forgetful mind really puts up trouble not only for him, but for others besides him too!”
“Yeah of course!” said the cashier, “and we have to bear all the consequences, as you have seen, the owner started scolding me!”
“Inferiors are often victim to such accuses, no offence brother!”
“Oh! None taken. But its really true. You know what happened just a month ago? I went to a police station to accompany my friend to complaint about some affair, when suddenly, a man came almost crying, and started ordered almost all havilders to start for searching his mobile phone, which he lost at some market. After the chief inspector made him understand the rule of a police station, after many attempts, he agreed to file an FIR. He repeatedly said that its an android phone with some screen i didn’t understand these at all. After filing the official complaint, he was going out when suddenly a ringtone came, and all the police searched their pockets, and then suddenly they turned towards the crying man, who hastily searched his bag, peered into it with his big eyes, and then took a 180 degree turn and ran away!”
“Such forgetful man should be punished.” I said and bidding him good bye, I came out of the store.
I was busy the whole way thinking about such persons. Really such persons cause a havoc over the country. And roaming over many thoughts, suddenly I remembered a crucial thought which I should have remembered before.
I myself forgot to bring the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HORIZON II: Forbidden West

   

Original Radio

Classical Radio

BAD PRODUCTION HOUSE

BAD PRODUCTION HOUSE
The new Endeavour